New School, International School of Georgia has been authorised by the Georgian Ministry of Education since 1999.
New School, International School of Georgia is an IB World School, this means New School is authorised by the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer three International Baccalaureate programmes: The Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme.
The authorisation process is a highly effective means of initiating and maintaining school improvement and demonstrating adherence to a set of publicly stated international standards. The final award of full authorised status demonstrates that New School has achieved high standards of professional performance in international education and has a commitment to its continuing improvement.
To maintain an authorised status New School:
- Follows the IB philosophy
- Develops and updates curricula in the framework of the IB
- Teachers constantly upgrade their professional skills in various IB workshops and professional development sessions
- Regularly moderates students' work
- In the Diploma Programme students’ works are assessed internationally
- Is internationally minded and develops understanding and awareness of global and local issues.