Please begin the application process by reading the Admission Policy. Please download the below application form and complete it either electronically or in writing and email it to the elementary or upper school office manager. The office manager will send an email confirming they received your application.
Step 1: Complete and submit the Application Form.
Step 2: Child’s interview and assessment.
- Early Years and Elementary (Kindergarten to Grade 5): Your child will meet with the Assistant Principal and School Counsellor. If necessary additional assessments may be given.
- Upper Years (Grade 6 to 12): Your child will meet with the Principal, School Counsellor and the Diploma Programme Coordinator for applicants to Grades 11 and 12. Your child will be assessed in both Math and English. Assessments are periodically reviewed to ensure their level reflects the current curriculum and expectations of New School. If necessary, additional assessments may be given.
Step 3: Submit the completed application package consisting of the below documents.
- General Permission Form (Elementary School)
- General Permission Form (Upper School)
- Medical Form
- Copy of immunization record
- Two (2) passport size photographs
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate or Passport translated into Georgian and notarized.
- Copy of Parent(s)/Guardian’s passport(s) translated into Georgian and notarized.
- Official school records/transcripts for each previous year of school. All documents must be provided in English.
- A recommendation letter from your child’s teacher and school counsellor from their present school. In case your child’s present school does not have a school counsellor, you may submit recommendation letters from two separate teachers.
Step 4: Application Status
4.1 The Principal or Assistant Principal will inform you in writing by email of the decision made regarding your child’s application. a) Acceptance b) Provisional Acceptance c) Waiting List or d) Unsuccessful Application. If your child is offered a place at New School, you have two days to accept the offer by emailing New School.
4.2 If your child is enrolling in Grade 1 after the beginning of the academic year or in Grade 2 or higher you must complete this step, otherwise please move on to the next step (4.3). Under Georgian law to officially accept a child into an educational institution, the National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement (NCEQE) must recognise your child’s previous years of education outside of Georgia. To complete this process please follow the steps below:
- Translate all previous school reports from each school year into Georgian and notarize the validity of the translation.
- Bring all the translated reports to New School where the learning outcomes will be aligned with the Georgian Educational System. New School will then provide you with a Compatibility Document in 3 to 5 days.
- You must then submit the following documents to the NCEQE:
- An application form from the NCEQE.
- All translated reports.
- Compatibility Document from New School.
- Child’s birth certificate translated into Georgian and notarized.
- Passport of a parent translated into Georgian and notarized.
- NCEQE application fee payment receipt
- If someone apart from yourself is filing the application, they must provide a power of attorney form.
If any document is written in a language other than Georgian (including the NCEQE application form) it must be translated into Georgian and the validity of the translation notarized. You will then receive a letter from the NCEQE. Bring this letter from the NCEQE to New School.
4.3 You will receive an Enrolment Contract from New School that must be completed and signed and an invoice for the payment required to complete your child’s enrolment. The invoice includes a non-refundable registration fee and a percentage of the tuition fee (which is calculated by your child’s enrolment date). The remaining percentage of the tuition fee must be paid by the 15th of December of the same academic year. Making payments on time ensures your child’s place in the school is secure. Failure to make payments on time will result in the cancellation of your child’s place, which will be given to a child on the waiting list.
Upon New School receiving the payment of fees and the completed Enrolment Contract your child is able to begin attending school.
When the NCEQE approves your application please bring this document to school and you will be given the final Acceptance Document from New School, along with your child’s Enrolment Contract signed by the Director, completing the enrolment process. Please note processing time for the NCEQE is approximately one month.